So here it is, as promised. If you have used the patcher, then this update is nothing new, you are already up-to-date, but if not, THEN GET IT NOW!!!
As you will see, this update is veeeeery big. And it wouldn't have been so big without the patcher, which let me release and test stuff at anytime. Big thanks to everyone that reported problems and especially HUGE THANKS to Shyke!
Now lets get down to business...
- Europeans get an infinite tech at the Capitol which can be used to sell Export for home city shipments, as you use this tech it gets more expensive 3 times
- fixed Canoe sounds
- State Religion now increases healing speed of Healers
- added the Independent Government tech to the Revolution civs, replaces Civilized Government
- added the Dove (female assassin) as mercenary
- added the 7 Dove Assassins card to the USA, British and Russians
- the Spy can now score critical hits
- added the Sapper to the Revolution civs, can build military buildings
- added the Saker to the Spanish, Indians and Knights of St. John, first European Age2 cannon
- to unlock the Saker and Monitor, Asian players need to ally with an European (or US) nation
- you can have only 20 chests of coin at a time from the Treasury (spamming issues)
- fixed a long standing bug with archers flaming arrows
- Warrior Priests, Generals, Shoguns and Mansabdars can now score critical hits
- the Skull Knight now has a melee attack against buildings
- the Oneida Rider now has a torch as main weapon
- added hoof walking sounds to all horses (if you notice missing ones please let me know)
- added the Baron (coin production unit) to the British (removed Bank)
- renamed "Colonial Age" to "Expansion Age" and "Fortress Age" to "Enlightenment Age" (fits Natives and Asians better)
- improved the Renegade Spanish cards, now also sends Conquistadors and Sakers
- enabled map specific mercenaries for Natives at the Native Embassy
- added new animations for the Halberdier (awesome)
- added more units on trade routes (?)
- added the Fishery (water building) to all civs (buildable by Fishing Boats)
- the Portuguese Covered Wagons can now train Settlers
- the Mortar now has a melee attack in the fixed Bombard Mode
- improved the Regicide Regent (higher damage and some new skills)
- added the Native Confederacy Support tech to the Council's Hut and High Temple
- fixed some Native projectiles
- improved civs descriptions...
- fixed population additions...
- Age4 and 5 will give 10 pop each for all civs
- Chinese Age5 will give 20 pop
- Independent Government will give 10 pop (revolution)
- all Revolution civs will have a max pop of 220
- Civilized Government will give 20 pop to all civs
- all civs will have a max pop of 240 except for the Chinese who will have 250
- bug fixes...
The next installer release... is so far... But I can tell you one important thing that it will contain...
Although the community didn't seem to agree, I WILL be replacing the Dutch with the USA, but HOLD ON, don't rage just yet.
It's not as bad as some of you might think. I will combine the Dutch and the USA and make a new awesome unique civ, and when it's done I am sure that most of you will like it.
Anyway, that's more of a future project so uhm... enjoy everything else until then.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Saturday, October 6, 2012
To fix the US Rifleman bug you must:
1. Go to where the game is installed...
\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\
\Steam\steamapps\Age of Empires 3\bin\
2. Then go to...
3. And delete the "riflemanus" folder...
4. Then run the Patcher...
5. And it's fixed! Enjoy.
In other news, a new installer powered update is coming. If you are using the patcher then you are already up-to-date, but I promised I will also release installers so that's what I'm going to do.
Oh, and the forum is online... I don't expect it to be active, but if I already made it, why not make it public...
Thank you for playing.